Share/Bookmark

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Props

I LOVE props!  They make singing so much more fun!  Here are a few things I have in my arsenal:

When we sing, "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission,"  the timing of the song makes me think of horses trotting along.  I found these horse heads at the dollar store.  I tell the kids that in the early days of the church, missionaries used to ride horses.  The junior primary love these, and love coming up front to ride the horses.


I Can't HEAR you!  Maybe if I use my GOOD ear. . . .


"Looking" for super singers. . . .reverent children. . . etc.


SINGING MEASLES!!
 They're catchy. . .the kind everyone wants to catch!  I walk in with "measles" all over my face, arms, etc.  Each teacher is given one of these sheets, and places measles on their children as they sing well.


SUPER SINGER STICKERS 
I found these wandering through the educational section of WalMart, (I think)  Any stickers would do, though.  These say stuff like, "Bingo," "Wow," and "Super."  

CHOOSING HELPERS
So I don't choose the same kids each week, each child's name is written on a tongue depressor.  One end is painted green, the other orange.  The green tips are the kids I haven't chosen yet.  The orange ones are those I have.  I keep them like this week after week until they're all orange-colored, then start over again. I have some for senior and some for junior primaries.

You may already be using some of the same things here.  I didn't make them up, but read them in various primary resources.  But they DO WORK!  And the kids have fun!  That's what matters. . . .

2 comments:

  1. those are all great ideas! I am so thankful that you are sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's great to have you here, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete