Share/Bookmark

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sign Language and Primary Bowling

Most of the time today was spent teaching ASL (American Sign Language) with "I Know My Savior Loves Me."  They picked it up quite well.  Next week I'm planning to take a video of the senior primary singing with the sign language, then do another one later in the spring to see their progress.  I'll try to post the video on here. 



I had planned to  do Primary Bowling if there was time left over.  (There wasn't)  But I'll use this idea at a later time.  I found a cheap bowling set at the dollar store.  You could probably find one at Oriental Trading, too.  I put the names of some fun songs on the bottom of the pins with double-sided sticky tape.  The plan was to set the pins up this way. . and have a child roll the ball.  Whichever one rolled over was the song we would sing.  Another way to play would be to divide into two groups, set the pins up the usual way, and have each team take turns sending a child to roll the ball.  Score could be kept as to how many pins were knocked over. . .and the child could CHOOSE one of the fallen pins to reveal the song to be sung.  Anyway, I didn't get to play this, so I can't tell you how it went over. I'll share my results when I actually get to do this.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have the written version of ASL for I know that my Savior loves me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. Send me your e-mail and I'll get it to you. Sorry, I just found your message tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. id like it too!!! i have done the bowling thing in the past. the kids love it. i bring my 3 year old nursery kids in after the program every year for the rest the year during singing time so they can get used to the feel of it. the nursery kids love love love this game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very cool! I dont suppose I have read something similar to this before. So nice to search out somebody with authentic applying for grants this subject. I really appreciate starting this up. Your website is one area that is needed on the net. Totally a helpful project for bringing new things for the web! Sign Up

    ReplyDelete