Share/Bookmark

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finishing Up Teaching "I Will Follow God's Plan"

My favorite singing times are when the kids are involved interactively.  They responded really well to my "Broken Hearts" singing time last week, so I hope this one goes as well.


I'm going to put pictures, representing the key words in the song, under random chairs before primary begins.  When we're ready to practice this song, I'll tell them to look under their seats for the pictures.  We'll begin singing the song ... but STOP when a picture is needed.  I plan to have a printout of the piano music with the "stops" indicated so the pianist and I will be on the same page. . .no pun intended  :-)

Each time the music stops, the children must look at their picture and decide if it's the one that fits.  Then he/she will bring it up and post it on the board.  After all pictures are up, we'll sing it without stopping, then begin removing the pictures until they can sing it completely from memory.


Below I've listed the key words.  Click onto the word, then copy and paste the picture onto a document.  Size as large as you want, then print them out.  I recommend laminating them (clear contact paper is cheap) and saving for future use.  These pictures could be used for many singing times/activities in the future.  Print out the pictures with an asterick TWICE, because the word is used more than once in the song.


Gift
Plan*
Purpose
Heaven
Choice
Home*
Earth*
Seek
Light
Birth
Holding
Word
Love 
Work
Pray
Walk
Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment